Tuesday, October 13, 2015

My Bucket List

Have you ever noticed  -  when people wish you a happy birthday, somehow, you always get the corny
"May all your wishes come true" post with the usual  happy birthday stuff?

No?

Okay, well if you answered no, my blog would be kind of pointless, so just imagine you said yes. :D

Anyway, I am very guilty of the "May all your wishes come true" post, and I have decided that today, I am putting the end to it.

Lemme tell you why;

Is the only reason for your wishes not coming true, the fact that you are waiting for them to just happen? Magically? Just like that?

There's the problem.

Very rarely does any wish just come true.

9 out of the 10 times, wishes require work and effort.

Okay; rant over, here is my point.

I have always been fascinated by the idea of a bucket list. I've just never actually sat down and created one. Till now...

All right, I'm sure we all kind of have one of these. I too, have one. Only now, I am making these wishes public and official, and I will be adamant to cross these off my list.

I want to start ;living. Actually living. I'm talking about impulsive road trips, impromptu dinners  and making memories.

From now on, I vow to watch TV a little less, gym a little more. and make my own dreams come true. :)

(Be warned, that some of these are super personal, and others are super out there. either way, these are my deepest, truest wishes.)

1. Make a difference in someone's life.

2. Pray for an absolute stranger.

3. Be a mentor.

4. Go to a proper wine tasting.

5.Go to a 24 hour worship and prayer session.

6. Visit Israel, and get to know the place where my creator lived.

7. NYC!! ('nuff said)

8. Go to a live taping of The Ellen DeGeneres Show.

9. Visit Table Mountain.

10. Sky Dive.

11. Run some sort of a marathon.

12. Go on a Safari.

13. Go on a Hot Air Balloon Ride.

14. Live abroad.

15. Plant a tree.

16. Go to Disney World.

17. Wear a bikini in public.

18. Eat Chocolate in Switzerland.

19. Sleep under the stars.

20. Visit the Great wall of China.

21. Watch a live Baseball Game.

22. Complete a degree, the honors, masters and if possible a PHD.

23. Become a volunteer for an animal shelter.

24. Be a counselor for women who are victims of Domestic Violence and Abuse.

25. Host a Christmas Party.

26. Go horse-riding.

27. Start a tradition.

28.  Kiss on the Eiffel tower.

29. Swim in the dead sea.

30. Visit the Anne Frank house.

31. Grow a beautiful flower garden.

32. Go restaurant hopping. (When you eat different courses at different places.)

Okay, I  reckon this is ambitious enough...

When I think of more, I'll definitely post them.
Do you have a bucket list? Have you crossed off or done any of the things on my list?
Feel free to comment, and tell me all about it.

'Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting,.. So get on your way!'
 
- Dr Seuss



4 comments:

  1. Hey Veronique!
    It's Louisa :)
    I love your blog post and if you happen to go to a live taping of the Ellen show, please take me with you! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Louisa!! :)
      Okay, deal, I guess we better start planning a trip then! ;)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey Vee, its Zandile.
    I have crossed of #1, 9, 12, 14 and 17 from your list and still working on some of the other stuff like getting a degree (halfway there, Disneyland( going in June)...love your Blog

    ReplyDelete